Resources for Current SVPs
Resources for Current SVPs
Social Venture Partners International (SVPI) helps affiliates and partners experience “the power of the network,” serving as a hub for information, guidance and connection. SVPI allows SVP organizations to focus on their purpose and passion and less on the processes associated with nonprofit management. By providing top-quality programs and services, innovative tools and extensive resources, SVPI helps new and established SVP organizations harness the power of the network.
Better Together: Being a Part of Something Bigger
Partners frequently express that one of the most appealing aspects of involvement with SVP is the sense of being a part of something larger than themselves, which allows them to achieve more than they could alone. Social Venture Partners International helps make this possible by providing the infrastructure which links individuals and affiliates and opportunities for partners to meet and learn from one another.
- SVP In A Box: A Guide to Strategic Philanthropy
- An essential handbook for establishing an SVP organization. Includes collected lessons, best practices, resources and links to tools and information that helps new and established SVPs focus their efforts and strengthen their ability to execute their mission.
- SVP Business Plan Model
- A comprehensive business plan template for launching affiliates.
- The SVP Recruitment Manual
- A comprehensive road map for creating and implementing a Partner Recruitment Plan.
- SVP Message Buffet Wiki
- A web-based collection of messages associated with the benefits, attributes and features of the SVP model. Includes a range of audiences and scenarios.
"Recognition and appreciation for SVPI for creating our cutting edge process for promoting philanthropy and continually working to strengthen SVP affiliates. Keep up the good work."
– Partner in San Diego
- SVP Marketing Materials
- SVP brochure, SVPI annual report and ongoing templates, resources and related guidance for local marketing and public relations efforts.
- Social Venture Partners Business Case
- A compelling business case for SVP, this document details the real and potential impact of the Social Venture Partners model and network.
- SVP Intranet
- A reliable platform for collaboration and information and resource sharing.
- A customized Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system that allows affiliates to manage prospects and all areas of partner and investee involvement with SVP.
- Philanthropy Self-Assessment
- A tool designed to help partners build their understanding of philanthropy and plan their philanthropic journey.
- Partnering for Success: A Step by Step Guide to Investee Relations
- A step by step guide to working with and building successful relationships with SVP investees.
- SVP Intranet and My Sites
- A reliable platform for information and resource sharing that includes a social networking space within the SVP intranet. My Sites allows users to post a profile, manage and store information, and connect with others with similar interests or experience.
“The staff development programs alone more than justify our membership in SVPI. Our Executive Director and Program Officer attend SVPI-sponsored conferences, peer gatherings, teleconferences and web-enabled training sessions. They learn best practices from across the network and receive training on the many tools and resources provided by SVPI. It would be much more expensive and time consuming to manage our network without these resources.”
-- Ken Deemer, Founding Partner and Chairman, Los Angeles Social Venture Partners, SVPI Board Member
- SVP Listserve
- A go-to listserve, via the SVP Intranet, for SVP staff seeking advice or examples for use in local operations and planning.
- SVP Staff Days and Retreats
- A professional development benefit that provides training and peer support for SVP staff. Two, full-day workshops are offered annually with a focus on SVP operations and best practices.
- SVP Annual Conference
- An annual event presented by SVPI and hosted by an SVP affiliate that provides an opportunity to meet philanthropists throughout the SVP community. Includes programs on timely topics and world-class speakers.
- SVP Peer Gatherings
- A variety of training, professional development and networking opportunities created specifically for SVP partners and staff.
- SVPI Staff Support
- A dedicated team of professionals who provide guidance, one-on-one consultation, information, assistance and access to network-wide resources.
- Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool
- A tool developed by McKinsey and Co and customized for SVP, the (OCAT) helps SVP investees identify capacity strengths and challenges and establish capacity building goals.
- SVP Affiliate Capacity Tool
- A tool that enables each SVP affiliate to assess its internal capacity. Includes details on essential activities and best practices that SVPs should engage in to ensure effectiveness and alignment with the SVP model.
Thank you for the teleconference, the fantastic report and your work to create templates for all of us to use. We really appreciate it!” – Partner in Boulder
- Demonstrating SVP’s Impact
- A comprehensive set of tools created to help SVP affiliates measure the outcomes of SVP's dual mission: building the capacity of nonprofit organizations and developing effective, engaged philanthropists. The four components of Demonstrating SVP's Impact are the SVP Partner Outcomes Survey, the Grant Committee Self-Audit, the SVP Investee Outcomes Survey, and the Most Significant Change Tool. Includes: DSI User’s Guide with detailed instructions to administer and analyze data from the four assessment tools; Sample Cover Letters for SVP staff to introduce the survey instruments to partners and investees; Sample Reports for SVP staff to use to synthesize and share the data collected; and Collated Results Reports - a network-wide assessment of SVP's impact.
- Network Health Data Survey
- A tool designed to collect network wide data on an annual basis. Findings are analyzed for benchmarking, measurement and strategic planning purposes.
SVPI ensures most programs are available and accessible via the SVP intranet.